Junior League Softball
Ages 13-14 Determined by Dec. 31st 2016
2017 Tryouts March 2nd 4:30pm at SCHS
Games will be played on Wednesday’s and Thursday’s
Junior League Softball (local) Rules 2017
- Game time will be 7 innings or the last inning must be called by the umpire at 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Pitching distance is 43 feet.
- Regular size 12” softball.
- Pitcher gets 1 minute to warm up on mound, or up to 8 warm-up pitches, (whichever comes first). Umpire needs to keep game up to speed.
- Metal Cleats are allowed pursuant to Rule 1.11(h) p. 50.
- Head-first sliding is allowed pursuant to Rule 7.08(4) p. 86.
- 5 runs max per inning- EXCEPT the last inning-which will be allowed 10 Last inning will be called by the umpire at the time marked 1 hour 30 min. If home team is behind 5 runs or less, then they will get a chance to play out the inning. If the home team is behind more than 5 runs, the game will be called at 1 hour 50 minutes.
- Home team must provide a scorekeeper, will be listed first on the schedule and uses 3rd base dugout.
- Visitors must provide a scorekeeper, will be listed second on schedule and uses 1st base dugout.
- Poor sportsmanship between players, coaches, and spectators will be asked to leave the ballpark; proper discipline will be administered by proper Little League directors.
- Both scorebooks must be signed by both coaches or umpires.
- You must have 9 players to play, however if you do not, we will be playing with a player pool rule per the Little League Rule book. You can draft another Junior Little League participant.
13. We will incorporate the continuous batting order per Little league Rule book. If a player has to leave early during a game, the coach will promptly notify the other team’s coach and score keepers, at which time the batter will be removed from the lineup and treated as though the player had never been in the lineup and no out will be called for batting out of order.
- Free defensive substitutions.
- Run rule for calling the game will be implemented per the Little League Rule book. Mercy Rule after 3rd inning. ie: ahead by 15 runs after 3 innings, ahead by 10 runs after 4 innings.
- Runner can steal as soon as the ball leaves the pitchers hand per Little League Rule Book.
- 3rd drop strike rule will be used (refer to Little League rule book p. 77 Rule 6.05(b)#2).
- No pitching regulations for league play.
- Runners must slide at any base, except first, or try to avoid contact with defensive player when there is a play. (p. 86, 7.08) The catcher needs to clear home plate if there is no play at home. Also the batter must get out of the way.
20. Umpires will be provided by the league of the field, however if both teams are not at a home field the home team is responsible to pay the umpire.
21. All other rules refer to the softball Little League Rule book.