Major League Softball
Ages 10-12 determined by Dec. 31, 2016
2017 Tryouts March 2nd 5:15pm at SCHS
Players will need to tryout and be drafted.
Games will be played on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s 6 and 7:30pm.
Season will begin Week of March 27th.
Major League Softball (local) Rules 2017
- Game time will be 5 innings or the last inning must be called by the umpire at 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Pitching distance is 40 feet.
- Pitcher gets 1 minute to warm up on mound, or up to 8 warm-up pitches, (whichever comes first). Umpire needs to keep game up to speed.
- Regular size 12” softball.
- 5 runs max per inning- EXCEPT the last inning-which will be allowed 10 Last inning will be called by the umpire at the time marked 1 hour 15 min. If home team is behind 5 runs or less, then they will get a chance to play out the inning. If the home team is behind more than 5 runs, the game will be called at 1 hour 30 minutes.
- We will incorporate the continuous batting order per Little League Rule book.
- Home team must provide a scorekeeper, will be listed first on the schedule and uses 3rd base dugout.
- Visitors must provide a scorekeeper, will be listed second on schedule and uses 1 base dugout.
- Un-sportsmanship like conduct between players, coaches, and spectators will be asked to leave the ballpark; proper discipline will be administered by proper Little League directors.
10. Both scorebooks must be signed by both coaches or umpires.
- Run rule will be implemented per the Little League Rule book. Mercy Rule after 3rd inning.
- Runner can steal as soon as the ball leaves the pitchers hand per Little League Rule Book.
- 3rd drop strike rule will be used (refer to Little League rule book p. 77 Rule 6.05(b)#2).
- You must have 9 players to play, however if you do not we will be playing with a player pool rule per the Little League Rule book. You can draft another Major Little League participant.
- No pitching regulations for league play.
- Runners must slide at home when a play is challenged by opposing team (umpires discretion). The catcher needs to clear home plate if there is no play at home. Also the batter must get out of the way.
- Runner must slide or try to avoid contact with defensive player when there is a play. (p. 86, 7.08)
- All other rules refer to the softball Little League Rule book.